Factory in-person tours are held at the Japan Mint in Osaka.
You can learn how Japan Mint produce coins in a visitors’ passage with a guided tour of the Osaka factory.
|Tour Days||Monday – Friday
(excluding national holidays, the 3rd Wednesday of every month and new year holidays)
※The tour will be closed without prior notification due to unexpected circumstances.
※Factory tour will not be held during Cherry Blossom Viewing.
※Please refer here for more information about business days for our museum, factory tour and mint shop.
|Tour Time||≪Start time≫
①9:00 a.m. ②10:00 a.m. ③ 1:00 p.m. ④1:30 p.m.
※The entry procedure for the factory tour starts 15 minutes before each start time. You are not allowed to enter until then.
Approximately 90 minutes
|Tour Size||A maximum of 20 people per tour|
AnnouncementTour Visitors Policy
- Check-in begins 15 minutes before the scheduled starting time of the tour at the reception counter.
- Visitors must be at the tour entrance at scheduled tour time. Basically, late arrivals will not be admitted.
- Visitors are kindly requested to write your “name” at the reception.
Please note that, for security reasons, all visitors are required to present a valid ID at reception for proof of identity. Those without an acceptable form of ID will not be able to join the tour.
The following are examples of acceptable forms of ID:
・Health insurance card (photocopies are acceptable)
・Mail for you
- Visitors will be asked for your reservation number at reception on the day of the tour. Please present either a printout or a screen display of the confirmation e-mail of your reservation.
If you forget your ID, you may be unable to participate in the tour.
- There is no parking space available. Visitors are recommended to use public transportation.
- Free lockers are available for small bags. Please do not bring luggage such as trunks and suitcases.
- If you have cold like symptoms or are not feeling well, please refrain from visiting the Mint.
- It is up to the individual to decide whether to wear a mask. Also, it is an individual decision to wear a mask for the Mint’s staff.
- Please note that the factory tour may be closed due to the spread of infectious diseases or other circumstances.
- Operations of the factory might be stopped for inspection. In that case, VTR will guide you.
- Elementary school students and younger must be accompanied by a guardian.
In addition, if visitors come with preschool children, please always keep a close watch on them.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Valuables must be kept with you at all times. The Mint is not liable for any loss.
- Do not bring dangerous items into the Mint.
- Smoking, eating and drinking are prohibited inside the Mint.
- No admission for those who are drunk.
- When you are inside the Mint (especially around the reception area), please be aware of your surroundings, as there are vehicles and buses of the delivery companies and other devices such as car stops necessary for traffic control.
- There are two restrooms in the Mint, near the reception desk and inside the museum.
(※There is no restroom at the factory.)
- Nursing rooms and diaper changing tables are located in the Mint Center and the Museum.
- If you need to use a wheelchairs, please contact us after making a reservation.
- In summer, there are mosquitoes in premises of the Mint, so please take measures against insect bites by yourself.
- Please be sure to follow the instructions and explanations by the Mint (security guards, guides and staff).
- If you do not follow the instructions by the staff, the Mint reserves the right to deny access to you.
- Our staff will guide you through the tour. Please do not enter areas other than the designated route.
- During the tour, audio and video recording are strictly prohibited. You can take pictures, but there are some places where photography is prohibited.
- Please do not disturb other participants. During the tour, please refrain from using smartphones or mobile phones except for taking pictures.
1-79, Temma 1-chome, kita-ku, Osaka 530-0043
There is no parking space available. Visitors are recommended to use public transportation.
- 15 minutes on foot from Sakuranomiya or Kyobashi station, Osaka Loop Line
- 10 minutes on foot from Osaka Temmangu station, JR Tozai Line
- 15 minutes on foot from Miamimorimachi station of Osaka Metro Tanimachi Line (T21) or Sakaisuji Line (K13)
ContactJapan Mint Public Relations Office
〇TEL (Japanese only)