2021 Commemorative Silver Medal for the Issue of the 500 Yen Bicolor Clad Coin
This medal was produced to commemorate the issue of the 500 yen bicolor clad coin.
Obverse (left) / Reverse (right)
Obverse: The design shows the obverse and reverse of the 500 yen bicolor clad coin
Reverse: The design features the new anti-counterfeiting techniques used on the 500 yen bicolor clad coin (bicolor cladding, helical ridges with two different pitches, and micro lettering)
New anti-counterfeiting technologies applied to the new 500 yen coin:
- Application of new technology, bicolor clad , to the materials (two color, three layer structure)
- Application of “ helical ridges with two different pitches ” to the edge of the coin
- Micro lettering and numbers will be inscribed on the inside rim of the front of the coin
- 2021 Mint Set (New 500 Yen Coin)
- 2021 Japan Coin Set (New 500 Yen Coin)
- 2021 Anniversary Coin Set (New 500 Yen Coin)
- 2021 Standard Proof Coin Set with Medal (New 500 Yen Coin)
- 2021 Standard Proof Coin Set without Medal (New 500 Yen Coin)
|Composition||99.9% Pure Silver (Fineness Certification* stamped by Japan Mint)|
|Finish||Oxidized silver finish|
|Others||Explanatory Sheet in English|
* Mint Certification Mark of Precious Metal Wares (Hallmark)
The Japan Mint examines and certifies the fineness of precious metal wares by stamping specific marks on all wares that pass this examination. These marks are commonly called hallmarks.
Scheduled Sales Quantity: 3,000 pieces / for overseas market: Max. 60 pieces
International Dealers for This Medal
For South Korea
- POONGSAN HWADONG Co., Ltd.
For People’s Republic of China (including Hong Kong and Macao), Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia
- International Coins Limited
Please see the International Dealers List for their contact information.