100th Anniversary of protecting historic sites, places of scenic beauty and Natural Monuments 2020 Proof Coin Set -Natural Monuments-
Conservation and preservation activities for natural monuments have begun in Japan and 2019 marks the 100th anniversary. On this occasion, Agency for Cultural Affairs of Japan planned a number of projects over the period of 2019-2021. Japan Mint released a BU coin set and a proof coin set containing special medals, to celebrate the anniversary.
Obverse (left)/ Reverse (right)
A silver 925 medal is made for this special coin set; An oriental stork (Ciconia boyciana), designated as Special Natural Monuments of Japan is depicted and our latest technology is applied to show the holographic latent image on the obverse side while the color-printed logo of the 100th anniversary is shown on the reverse.
<How to view the holographic latent image>
- Shine an LED light directly at the obverse of the medal from a distance of approximately 10-20 cm (A smartphone torch can be used as the light source.).
- A kanji character “天”, as an initial letter of Natural Monuments in Japanese, will appear in the depths of the medal.
The coin set includes:
- Six Japanese legal tender coins issued in 2020 in Proof condition (a 500 yen nickel-brass coin, a 100 yen cupronickel coin, a 50 yen cupronickel coin, a 10 yen bronze coin, a 5 yen brass coin and a 1 yen aluminum coin)
- A silver 925 medal (Diameter: 35mm, Weight: Approx. 20g)
- A special leather display case and a paper slipcase with beautiful photos showing Special Natural Monuments and Natural Monuments of Japan (c.f. Oriental white stork, Marimo of Lake Akan, Akiyoshido Cave, Tottori sand dunes, etc.)
Scheduled Sales Quantity: 20,000 sets / for overseas market: Max. 30 sets
Dealers For 100th Anniversary of protecting historic sites, places of scenic beauty and Natural Monuments 2020 Proof Coin Set
For People’s Republic of China (including Hong Kong and Macao), Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia
- International Coins Limited
For US (includes US Virgin Islands & Puerto Rico), Canada, Australia, Austria, Switzerland, UK (includes England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland & Isle of Man)
- Asset Marketing Services, LLC.
For European Countries
- Modern Numismatics International
Please see the International Coin Dealer List for the contact information.