100th Anniversary of protecting historic sites, places of scenic beauty and Natural Monuments 2020 BU Coin Set -Natural Monuments-
Conservation and preservation activities for natural monuments have begun in Japan and 2019 marks the 100th anniversary. On this occasion, Agency for Cultural Affairs of Japan planned a number of projects over the period of 2019-2021. Japan Mint released a BU coin set and a proof coin set containing special medals, to celebrate the anniversary.
Obverse (left)/ Reverse (right)
A red brass medal is made for this special coin set; A Japanese giant salamander (Andrias japonicus), designated as Special Natural Monuments of Japan is depicted on the obverse side with the year inscription of 2020 while the logo of the 100th anniversary is shown on the reverse.
The coin set includes:
- Six Japanese legal tender coins issued in 2020 in Brilliant Uncirculated condition (a 500 yen nickel-brass coin, a 100 yen cupronickel coin, a 50 yen cupronickel coin, a 10 yen bronze coin, a 5 yen brass coin and a 1 yen aluminum coin)
- A red brass medal (Diameter: 27mm, Weight: Approx. 7.5 g)
- Special paper holder with beautiful photos showing Special Natural Monuments and Natural Monuments of Japan (c.f. Oriental white stork, Marimo of Lake Akan, Akiyoshido Cave, Tottori sand dunes, etc.)
Scheduled Sales Quantity: 40,000 sets / for overseas market: Max. 70 sets
Dealers For 100th Anniversary of protecting historic sites, places of scenic beauty and Natural Monuments 2020 BU Coin Set
For People’s Republic of China (including Hong Kong and Macao), Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia
- International Coins Limited
For US (includes US Virgin Islands & Puerto Rico), Canada, Australia, Austria, Switzerland, UK (includes England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland & Isle of Man)
- Asset Marketing Services, LLC.
For European Countries
- Modern Numismatics International
Please see the International Coin Dealer List for the contact information.