2021 Mint Set (New 500 Yen Coin)
This is a standard coin set including six brilliant uncirculated coins of Japan (a new 500 yen coin) as well as a special medal featuring this year’s oriental zodiac, the Ox.
Obverse (left)/ Reverse (right)
A red brass medal is included in the coin set; the oriental zodiac sign of 2021, the Ox, is depicted on the obverse.
The coin set includes:
- Six Japanese legal tender coins issued in 2021 in brilliant uncirculated condition (a 500 yen bicolor clad coin (nickel-brass, cupronickel and copper), a 100 yen cupronickel coin, a 50 yen cupronickel coin, a 10 yen bronze coin, a 5 yen brass coin and a 1 yen aluminum coin)
- A red brass medal (Diameter: 27mm, Weight: Approx. 7.5 g)
- A plastic display case
- A paper packaging
New anti-counterfeiting technologies applied to the new 500 yen coin:
- Application of new technology, bicolor clad , to the materials (two color, three layer structure)
- Application of “ helical ridges with two different pitches ” to the edge of the coin
- Micro lettering and numbers will be inscribed on the inside rim of the front of the coin
Scheduled Sales Quantity: 170,000 sets / for overseas market: Max. 1,184 sets
Dealers For 2021 Mint Set (New 500 Yen Coin)
For South Korea
- POONGSAN HWADONG CO., LTD.
For People’s Republic of China (including Hong Kong and Macao), Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia
- International Coins Limited
For Australia, New Zealand, US, and Canada
- Downies Collectables
For European Countries
- Modern Numismatics International
Please see the International Coin Dealer List for the contact information.