2021 Mint Set
This is a standard coin set including six brilliant uncirculated coins of Japan as well as a special medal featuring this year’s oriental zodiac, the Ox.
Obverse (left)/ Reverse (right)
A red brass medal is included in the coin set; the oriental zodiac sign of 2021, the Ox, is depicted on the obverse.
The coin set includes:
- Six Japanese legal tender coins issued in 2021 in brilliant uncirculated condition (a 500 yen nickel-brass coin, a 100 yen cupronickel coin, a 50 yen cupronickel coin, a 10 yen bronze coin, a 5 yen brass coin and a 1 yen aluminum coin)
- A red brass medal (Diameter: 27mm, Weight: Approx. 7.5 g)
- A plastic display case
- A paper packaging with the 150th anniversary logo
150 Anniversary of Introduction of Monetary Unit and Japan Mint
2021 marks two important anniversaries in the coinage history of Japan. In 1871 New Currency Regulation was issued and the first modern monetary system was introduced to Japan which designated “Yen” as Japanese currency. In the same year the inauguration ceremony of the Japan Mint was held on April 4. The anniversary logo of the Japan Mint is printed on the paper packaging of 2021 Mint Set.
Scheduled Sales Quantity: 150,000 sets / for overseas market: Max. 584 sets
Dealers For 2021 Mint Set
For South Korea
- POONGSAN HWADONG CO., LTD.
For People’s Republic of China (including Hong Kong and Macao), Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia
- International Coins Limited
For People’s Republic of China (including Macao) and Taiwan
- Pan’s Coins
For US (includes US Virgin Islands & Puerto Rico), Canada, Australia, Austria, Switzerland, UK (includes England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland & Isle of Man)
- Asset Marketing Services, LLC.
For European Countries
- Modern Numismatics International