2021 Japan Coin Set (New 500 Yen Coin)
This is an annual coin set including a new 500 yen coin made under the theme of Japanese scenery, cultural properties, and so on, to introduce Japanese coins internationally. This year again, our Japan Coin Set features "traditional Japanese patterns."
The obverse of the cover case depicts cows, butterflies, dragonflies, plovers, comma-shaped design, lion's-mane design, arabesque design, fish-scale pattern and motifs of stylized clouds and dew on grass, while the reverse depicts a motif of stylized clouds and six-handed swastika design.
Experience Japanese beauty afresh through traditional Japanese patterns.
Obverse (left)/ Reverse (right)
Obverse: A rising sun (the design of Japanese flag) on two fans against a background of different traditional patterns of cherry blossoms (the same patterns as the background of the coin holder).
Reverse: A inscription of "Japan" and "2021" on stylize clouds against a beautiful background of two traditional Japanese patterns on iridescent color shining technology.
The coin set includes:
- Six Japanese legal tender coins issued in 2021 in brilliant uncirculated condition (a 500 yen bicolor clad coin (nickel brass cupronickel and copper), a 100 yen cupronickel coin, a 50 yen cupronickel coin, a 10 yen bronze coin, a 5 yen brass coin and a 1 yen aluminum coin)
- A pure silver medal with a beautiful reverse using iridescent color shining technology (Size: 17.5mm x 17.5mm, Weight: approx. 4.3g)*
- A plastic display case
- A paper packaging
* Iridescent Color Shining Technology
A processing technology used to create an iridescent shine on a metal surface using interference of light reflected from microgrooves engraved on the surface. The surface shines in different colors when viewed from different angles.
New anti-counterfeiting technologies applied to the new 500 yen coin:
- Application of new technology, bicolor clad , to the materials (two color, three layer structure)
- Application of "helical ridges with two different pitches" to the edge of the coin
- Micro lettering and numbers will be inscribed on the inside rim of the front of the coin
Scheduled Sales Quantity: 45,000 pieces / for overseas market: Max. 292 pieces
Dealers for 2021 Japan Coin Set (New 500 Yen Coin)
For Australia, New Zealand, US, and Canada
- Downies Collectables