2021 150th Anniversary of Birth of Yen Brilliant Uncirculated Coin Set -Celebrating 150th Anniversary of Japan Mint-
The Japanese monetary unit “Yen” and the Japan Mint celebrated the 150th anniversary since 1871.
Obverse (left)/ Reverse (right)
The obverse design shows the entrance to the former Japan Mint in the center, surrounded by lettering “150th ANNIVERSARY SINCE1871.”
The reverse design shows the balance made by a Japan Mint’s engineer ONO Norichika in 1876 to measure produced coins, surrounded by lettering “JAPAN MINT 2021.”
The coin set includes:
- Six Japanese legal tender coins issued in 2021 in brilliant uncirculated condition (a 500 yen nickel-brass coin, a 100 yen cupronickel coin, a 50 yen cupronickel coin, a 10 yen bronze coin, a 5 yen brass coin and a 1 yen aluminum coin)
- A red brass medal
- A special paper holder with the illustration of the current circulating coins and history of modern currency with the 150th anniversary logo
- An outer sleeve case
150 Anniversary of Introduction of Monetary Unit and Japan Mint
2021 marks two important anniversaries in the coinage history of Japan. In 1871 New Currency Regulation was issued and the first modern monetary system was introduced to Japan which designated “Yen” as Japanese currency. In the same year the inauguration ceremony of the Japan Mint was held on April 4. The anniversary logo of the Japan Mint is printed on the paper hold.
Scheduled Sales Quantity: 40,000 sets / for overseas market: Max. 692 sets
Dealers for 2021 150th Anniversary of Birth of Yen Brilliant Uncirculated Coin Set
For South Korea
- POONGSAN HWADONG CO., LTD.
For People’s Republic of China (including Hong Kong and Macao), Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia
- International Coins Limited
For European Countries
- Modern Numismatics International