150th Anniversary of Relations France and Japan Proof Coin Set
This set is to celebrate 150th anniversary of relations France and Japan.
The exchange between France and Japan began when the Treaty of Amity and Commerce between France and Japan was signed in 1858. Japan needed to learn the latest techniques and knowledge which French were having, so France strongly affected Japan as one of the models of modernization. On the other hand, in France, Japanese art like Ukiyo-e deeply affected French art world, and became the basis for impressionist art and art nouveau style.
As seen above, the relations France and Japan started from technology transfers from France to Japan which had been modernizing. And then, arts and cultural exchange dominated the relations. These days, France and Japan have developed close relationships and affected each other.
The coin set includes:
- Six Japanese legal tender coins in Proof condition (a 500 yen nickel-brass coin, a 100 yen cupronickel coin, a 50 yen cupronickel coin, a 10 yen bronze coin, a 5 yen brass coin and a 1 yen aluminum coin),
- A Euro silver coin minted at Monnaie de Paris,
- A Certificate of Authenticity for the coin set (French/Japanese),
- A Certificate of Authenticity for Euro silver coin (French),
- A plastic case with leather,
- A paper slipcase.
Specifications of Euro silver coin
- Denomination: 1 euro 1/2
- Composition: Silver 900/1000
- Finish: Proof
- Weight: 22.2g
- Diameter: 37mm
- Edge Treatment: Plain
- Obverse Design: Landmarks in France and Japan
- Reverse Design: Logo of the 150th Anniversary of Relations France-Japan