1. Basic Principle Relating to Privacy
The Public Relations Office, General Affairs Sections, Japan Mint (hereinafter referred to as “the Office”), collects information regarding users of the Japan Mint’s website, (http://www.mint.go.jp; hereinafter referred to as “the Site”), to the extent necessary for the efficient operation of the services provided on the Site (such as provision of information by the site, sending of e-mails through the “E-mail Magazine delivery service” and acceptance of questions and opinions). Information acquired will be handled appropriately within the scope of the purposes of use.
2. Scope of information gathered
- The Office automatically collects and stores Internet domain names, IP addresses, information about access to the Site and so on. However, the Office does not use a cookie (information transmitted from the server to the user’s browser and stored on the user’s computer in order for the server to identify users).
- When using the “E-mail Magazine delivery service,” the users are requested to register their e-mail address. The user will also be requested to provide, on a voluntary basis, his/her gender, age and postal address.
- On the “Questions and Opinions for Website for Japan Mint’s” link, the Office may request you to enter the categories for your questions and opinions. The user will also be requested to provide, on a voluntary basis, their name, gender, age, and e-mail address.
3. Purpose of use
- The information acquired in 2. (1) will be used as a reference for the efficient operation of the service provided by the Site.
- The e-mail addresses collected in 2. (2) will be used for sending e-mails through the “E-mail Magazine delivery service.”
- The comments and requests collected in 2. (3) will be used as a reference in future policymaking. Therefore, the comments may be forwarded to other offices within the Japan Mint. The Office may use the name and e-mail addresses to respond to and confirm inquiries. Such information may be forwarded to other related ministries depending on the comments and requests. The user’s attribute is used as reference information for the comments and requests.
4. Use and disclosure limitations
Except in cases of legal disclosure requests, cases of illegal access, threats and other unlawful acts or other special reasons, the Office does not use acquired information for any purposes other than those described in 3., nor will it provide acquired information to a third party.
However, statistical information regarding access to the Site, comments and inquires for information on users’ attributes may be made public.
5. Measures to ensure security
The Office is taking necessary measures for the appropriate management of acquired information to prevent any leakage, loss or damage of acquired information.
6. Scope of application
For further information regarding how to use the Site, please contract the Public Relations Office, General Affairs Section, Japan Mint. We will contact you later.